Boynton Beach was founded on September 26, 1898 when Byrd Spilman Dewey and her husband Fred S. Dewey filed the original plat in the Dade County courthouse for the Town of Boynton. The town was incorporated in 1920 as the Town of Boynton. The name “Boynton Beach” was first used by a community that broke off from the Town of Boynton in 1931. In 1939, that community changed its name to “Ocean Ridge” while The Town of Boynton took the name “Boynton Beach” in 1941.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.